Friday, November 18, 2011

Overseas Mailing Annoyances

This is just a quick note to ponder the cost of mailing things overseas.  Why, oh why, does it cost SO much?  It's really unbelievable when I sometimes want to send a small trinket of very little value, but which may weigh a couple of pounds.  It usually ends up costing more in postage than the item is worth!  And why?  What exactly am I paying for when I send an item to Britain?  Is the Queen herself delivering the package?  Why is it so expensive?!



Even more annoying than the cost (Um... well at least equally as annoying as the cost) is the fact that even if I'm sending a bar of chocolate, I have to fill out a declaration form.  And I have to say exactly what's in it, even if it's a gift!  Well, it sure takes the fun out of sending a Christmas present when the person knows what it is before they even open it!  Not much of a point in even wrapping it, I guess.  Grrr.  Oh well, guess that's what I get for knowing people in Britain.  And I thought we were supposed to be allies!



Okay, I'm done.  This rant has been brought to you by the United States Postal Service and the Royal Mail.  That'll be $385.33, please.  Oh, and you'll have to fill out a Custom's Form.  Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment