Friday, August 12, 2011

Let's Go Back... WAY Back: A Series - Part 58

Blog Originally Published: February 2, 2008 - 12:44 AM

London Trip, Pics, and More!!! 



Okay lads and lasses (I'm allowed to say that now that I've been to the UK. No, really. It's okay. They give you permission upon entering the country.),

Because I have gotten several messages lately asking if I was still in England/Europe (...sigh... You people obviously don't keep up with my profile like I do each and every one of yours. That's right. I'm here, stalking all of your profiles... monitoring your every step, daily... and you can't even check in on me like once every couple of months?! WHAT THE FRICK?!), I thought I'd do a little blog here to let all you people know I'm baaaaaaaaack. Yes, 'tis true. I've been to London to visit the Queen. ...but she didn't like me much, so she sent me back!

Anyway, it was a truly loverly time. I met Dominic, who I'm now madly in love with and going to marry any second. Uh... I... mean... *nervous laughter* (Do me a favor and forget you read that part won't ya, babe?) It gets late ridiculously early over there in the winter (I'm talking 4:00 PM and it's midnight.), so by the time we walked over to Abbey Road on the day I got there, it was already, dark.

The next few days brought a mad rush to see everything in London. Yep. I literally saw every. last. thing. in Greater London. It was fantastic!


Harrod's?
Bah. I was there in '58, you know?

Later was Buckingham Palace.
And I've seen your flag on the Marble Arch...

Of course while I was in London, I HAD to make Dominic show me all the Beatle sites. Apple Studios at 3 Savile Row seen below! Just imagine walking down this very street in 1969 and hearing the boys up on the roof!!!
John: "Don't let me down!!"

Oxford Street is the longest street in history and apparently December 1, is not a good day to go there... Just FYI. (This photo is just one of the many reasons why Dominic is the greatest! SO annoyed and yet putting on a smiling face for me. Sort of! lol! So effing sweet it's unbelievable!)

WESTMINSTER ABBEY, BABY!!!

But as beautiful as Westminster Abbey was, Big Ben was EVEN MORE amazing! Really, I couldn't stop looking at it. I think I have pictures of the Houses of Parliment from every angle! lol!

A GORGEOUS shot of the Tower Bridge, taken by none other than Sir Dominic, himself.
 
Me crossing Abbey Road

The next day, it was time for more Beatle sites. Yeah... we're stalkers...

Dominic took me out back where he had a HEDGE MAZE! So naturally I ran off and made him find me.

So then one day I went home with Dominic. Boy, was I in for a surprise!! A real. LIVE. Castle!!! Holy Crap!


Then we were off to Paris, which you can find by clicking here.

What a whirlwind?   It was off to Liddypool from there!


And she never walk down Limestreet anymoooooa!

Wait a second... is that Dominic or a young Beatle hanging around out there?!

Then, of course I was asked to play the Cavern...

Lunch was at The Grapes, the pub where the Beatles had a drink before (and after) gigs just down the street at the Cavern.

Dominic killed a group of Liverpudlian business men, who were on their lunch break, and were sitting in the exact booth were the Beatles used to sit.

So we could sit there! I sat right where John Lennon sat!!! (And yes, my eyes are aglow with the spirit of Lennon.)

And Dominic sat where Paulie sat! :-)
John Lennon's childhood home at Mendips! I tried to break in here, but Dominic threatened to get the police.

I tried much harder at 20 Forthlin Road, but still no success.

Sooty says, "Bye, bye. Thanks for coming."

So, there you have it. I'm back, unfortunately. A splendid time was had by all and I would KILL to go back there asap, if only I had the money. *coughsendmemoneycough* I WILL go back with or without your money though. Oh yes. Have no fear.
K. Love you. Buh-bye!



*******************************************************
And just remember, kiddies... "Determination will get you through this."
Thank you. Xia Xia Ne.

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool! I hope someday to get the chance to go see Abbey Road Studios, being as big a Beatles nut as I am.

    ReplyDelete