Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Let's Go Back... WAY Back: A Series - Part 55

Blog Originally Published: October 1, 2007 - 2:17 PM

 Time for Another Installment of...



Erica's Tales from the Lake!
*wild applause from the audience*
So, I haven't "blogged" in a while.  (I'm STILL not sure what it really even means to "blog," by the way.  I'll figure out one of these days.  Don't YOU worry about ME.)  You're really upset about that fact, I'm sure.  Me not blogging, I mean.  (Don't roll your eyes at me.)  Anyway, I haven't blogged in however long, so I thought I'd bore you with some interesting (or not) things I saw at the lake this weekend.
First of all, there was this woman going around the trail with a huge white parrot on her shoulder.  Why didn't it fly away, I wonder?  Probably had it's wings clipped I guess.  Poor parrot.
  
Then, we were stopped by some 4-year-old with a pink bicycle helmet riding a tri-cycle.  She had waved wildly at us as we approached and then, once we were right beside her, she stopped riding and said,
"Do YOU know that I have been walking a long ways?"
Us:  "You have?!"
"Yuh.  I'm SWEATIN'!"
And off she rode, taking all her randomness with her.
   
Also, people with pumpkins... everywhere.
   
Lastly (I really have to wrap this up.  I've had this stupid screen open for centuries now), nearly every weekend I see this little old man, who must be 70-something out there.  He's always skipping (yes, skipping) along with a HUGE grin on his face.  And I think, "Wow.  I'd love to be that old and in that great of shape and that happy."  I could ask him what his secret is one of these days, but to me, it's pretty obvious.  He just loves life.  And thankfully, I think I am the same way.  I try to enjoy whatever it is I'm doing, as I'm doing it.

***As a side note, I just told my boss I was going to need off work for a couple of weeks at the end of November because I was tired of just "wanting" to go to England and I was finally going to make it happen.  He thought it was great!  Later he called me back into his office and was showing me this website of a conference that's held yearly for a week in Augusta (I think) where you can meet up with a bunch of other people and you can sit in classes in the morning for guitar or whatever instrument, and then the rest of the day is just like a big jam session with all kinds of other musicians.  He said he's always wanted to go and this year he thought he just might actually go.  I like to think I have something to do with that.
  
And so to end this installment, boys and girls, I encourage you all to do the same.  Enjoy everyday you have on this earth, because guess what?  That's all there is.  If there's something you want to do, do it.  If you want to carry your parrot around like a pirate, do it!  If you want to stop stranger and tell them how far you've walked, do it!  If you want to skip around as if you're 7-years-old, for the love of God, DO IT!!!  Seriously.  What are you waiting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment