Monday, August 8, 2011

Let's Go Back... WAY Back: A Series - Part 54

Blog Originally Published: September 5, 2007 - 1:03 PM

Sometimes I feel like I’m being studied 



(I probably am... or at least, I probably should be.)

So, we all know how I adore flying insects, right?  (Yes, we do?)  *raises an eyebrow*
Well, when I was swimming the other day, there was a frigging GINORMOUS dragonfly (One of my favorites!  *vomits*) and I swear it dove right at my head.  (I kid you not, people.  The stupid ugly buzzing thing dove right at me as if it was trying to crash into my forehead!  Unbelievable, I know.)  Luckily, I was too quick for it!  That's right.  I laughed in it's face just like Sean Connery.  (Just after I came back up from having dove deep below the surface of the water, that is.)  But then (oh yes, there's more), it followed me back and forth along the length of the pool as I swam laps.  (What?  It did!)  I kept my eyes closed most of the time so that I wouldn't freak out too royally, although I will admit that I did scream fairly loudly a couple of times when it came just a wee bit too close to me.  At one point I opened my eyes and the freckin' thing was faced towards me, flying sideways along side me, as if it wanted to keep a special watch on me!  WTF?!  It would fly away every once in a while, but it would ALWAYS come back!

But, you know what I think?
I think it wasn't a real dragonfly at all.  (You heard me.) 
I think it was some high-tech, futuristic machine made to look JUST like a stupid ugly buzzing dragonfly and it was recording data from me and then flying back to some scientists somewhere who are putting together a study on me.  (Oh, oh, OH!  That's what's happening, alright.  Just you wait and see.  JUST you wait and see!  Just... you... wait... and... see...)

No comments:

Post a Comment