Saturday, August 6, 2011

Let's Go Back... WAY Back: A Series - Part 52

Blog Originally Published: August 6, 2007 - 1:13 PM

Well, it’s Twelve O’Clock in the Mornin’... 



So, I returned to the trails! Wahoo! It was hot as hell, but somehow I managed to survive both days of my visit to what is now known as Lady Bird Lake (Oh how thankful you all must be). If you know, you know.

To just bust out with it... I don't really like kids, in general. I don't. Well, okay. I like them, but only when I know they'll go away. But down at the lake I've seen a lot of dads (I assume they're dads anyway) pushing strollers or carrying babies on their backs etc. and I notice myself finding it VERY freaking cute. Um... what the hell is wrong with me? Shoot me now. Thanks.

Oh, but guess what?! Being at the lake reminded me that I want a dog! Yes, kiddies, I had forgotten. But, oh how quickly I remembered. Too cute are the dogs on the trails. Yet, suspiciously the dog park was closed. There will be a full investigation (or not). Have no fear. Anyway, I want something small and furry. Shih Tzus are darling, but what else? (Note: Visiting my p.o.b. soon. May smuggle my favorite pooch ever back with me. Don't tell anyone.)

Also, there was swimming galore this weekend and for some reason I got really brave (very briefly) and rescued a froglette with my bare hand! I said MY BARE HAND, people! *Gasps and awkwardly forced applause* God, it was cute! Maybe I'll get a frog instead of a pooch... would definitely be cheaper.

Good night, sweetheart,
Well it's time to go
I hate to leave you
But I really must say
Good night, sweetheart. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment