Saturday, July 30, 2011

Let's Go Back... WAY Back: A Series - Part 45

Blog Originally Published: May 11, 2007 - 1:59 PM

Harry Connick Jr. + Bob Dylan... What? I'm Eclectic! 



So, I saw Harry Connick Jr. play at Bass last night.  That man is so hilarious I swear to God.  If you've never seen him in concert and like Sinatra-style crooning or New Orleans jazz, then I highly recommend you check him out!  He's from New Orleans and he's got a new album out dedicated to New Orleans jazz, so that's mostly what he played last night and it was fabulous!  (Don't act like you didn't know that I liked that kind of music.  Says so in my Music section.  I like a WIDE variety of music, okay?  So just pick your chin up from off the floor for God's sake!)

Evidence of said enjoyment of wide variety of music:  BOB DYLAN IS COMING TO AUSTIN AND I AM FREAKING OUT!!!  Link.

A little history for ya soul...
You see... back in the day, my favorite artist was Sinatra  (Yes, it was.)... The Beatles quickly replaced him and then he became number 2 on "my list."  But recently Bob Dylan has FAR surpassed him.  (Yeah... I know.  I can't believe I used to like his lyrics, but I couldn't stand his voice!  Unbelievable that it took me so long to get it!  But don't you worry your pretty little head off, because I SO get it now.  Probably more than you!  ...I still love Sinatra though, don't get me wrong.)  But, Dylan is the only person I can think of that I still DESPERATELY need to see live in concert.  And, friends... the time has finally come. 

Austin City Limits Music Festival, baby!!!

Tickets are $145, but I am SO there.  And I will smoosh up as close to the stage as humanly possible.  Pretty cool lineup other than just Dylan too though.  The fest is, as always, in September... so I have exactly four months to find a brand new leopard-skin pill-box hat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment