Friday, July 22, 2011

Let's Go Back... WAY Back: A Series - Part 37

Blog Originally Published: March 21, 2007 - 2:50 PM

And the Lord Said, "Let There be Beatles"



I went shopping for a baby shower present for my stepsister yesterday.  They make the most retarded-looking clothes for babies.  Seriously.  Why would I want to dress my child (or anyone else's) in a hat with ears on it?  WTF?  And why do all the boys' clothes have sports or trains or tools on them?  Seems sort of wrong to partake in forcing a child to embrace certain things that his particular gender is supposed to embrace just because he was born a male.  I know that that is just what we do as a society (girls get a pink blanket and pink cap after they're born and boys get blue ones… and no men in white turtlenecks and berets extend from the ceiling on ropes.  No.  They don't.  Well, at least not in America.), but when I was shopping for little Jaxon yesterday the things I learned in this Sex class I took in college (no, that wasn't the official title of the class, but that was the gist) came flooding back to me.  So, I decided not to go with race cars or footballs.  (I wanted to get him a "Keep Austin Weird" t-shirt, but they didn't have any that were small enough.  Booo.)  Instead, I decided to go with Winnie the Pooh.  Boys and girls love The Pooh!  They do too!

Winnie the Pooh
Winnie the Pooh
Tubby little cubby all stuffed with fluff
He's Winnie the Pooh
Winnie the Pooh
Willy nilly silly old bear
 
Oops… Sorry… got sidetracked.  Anyway, I bought a Tigger "passy" (that's a "pacifier" for those of you not in the know) and a Pooh bear pajama with footies.  (Too cute.  I know.) 
 
And THEN it happened! 
 
A glorious light shone down from the heavens and all my faith in baby clothing-makers was restored.  (If I ever had any in the first place.  I never really thought about it.)  How so, you may ask?  Like a beacon of hope for the future of mankind, there it hung on a rack… a baby Beatles t-shirt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Of course I bought it.
 
I had no choice, did I?
 
Nope.
 
(Yes, I've taken up talking to myself now.)
 
Anyway, thought you all needed to know.  Your lives are much richer now that you do, I'm sure.
      
    
      
 
Okay, I'm just going to barrel on through the rest of the day wishing it was Thursday now… sigh  I love Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment