Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Let's Go Back... WAY Back: A Series - Part 28

Blog Originally Published: February 18, 2007 - 3:46 PM

I Want All The World To See



Weird, weird strange dream (aka: "most peculiar mama")...  There was a roach in my room (sure it looked more like an alligator with a tail like a beaver, but I called it a roach and so it was), so I sprayed it with insect killer (environmentally friendly, of course) and it ran under my bed.  I then proceeded to go downstairs where, lo and behold (no, not the Dylan song.  Well... maybe), the roach now was!  So, I sprayed it again.  This time, the roach puffed up and suddenly resembled something like an armadillo.  (Yeah.)  It crawled up onto one of the shelves of the bookcase and looked right at me with its big sad eyes.  It had the face of a cute little beagle.
That's all.
I need a dog.
  
In other news, my grandmother was watching some mahariji (at least that's what she called him.  He was just some asian guy in a suit, I think) on public access television this morning.  He was yelling about how important it is to have peace in one's life.  YELLING ABOUT HAVING PEACE... huh?  She's now watching some show where these people made dresses out of chocolate, so don't ask me.
 
Also, I so need to start bringing my camera with me when I go to the lake.  Saw a helicopter take off from the dog park, a squirrel ate right out of my hand, the swans were out, as was the rooster, and most randomly of all was this gigantic blue heron just hanging out all by itself.  Pretty cool.  Oh yeah, not a good idea to walk past tree after tree full of VERY large, scary-looking, unidentifiable birds when you're carrying bread.  Ack.  I'll probably have nightmares about them tonight.
It's coming on spring.  I despise flying insects.  Yes, I do.

So yeah, I think that guy who emailed me about my obsession with the Beatles being unhealthy was probably right.  Well, that or I have OCD.  (Both.)  This morning I listened to "I've Just Seen a Face" like a billion times in a row.  I couldn't get enough of it.  It's a great song to jog to, ya know?
I've just seen a face,
I can't forget the time or place
Where we just met.
She's just the girl for me
And I want all the world to see
We've met, mmm-mmm-mmm-m'mmm-mmm.
Had it been another day
I might have looked the other way
And I'd have never been aware.
But as it is I'll dream of her
Tonight, di-di-di-di'n'di.
Falling, yes I am falling,
And she keeps calling
Me back again.
I have never known
The like of this, I've been alone
And I have missed things
And kept out of sight
But other girls were never quite
Like this, da-da-n'da-da'n'da.
Falling, yes I am falling,
And she keeps calling
Me back again.
Falling, yes I am falling,
And she keeps calling
Me back again.

Falling, yes I am falling,
And she keeps calling
Me back again.
Oh, falling, yes I am falling,
And she keeps calling
Me back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment