Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Let's Go Back... WAY Back: A Series - Part 5

Blog Originally Published: June 19, 2006 - Monday 10:38 AM
(Please note - Yes, I realize I'm completely ridiculous.)

Potty Over Here!



I was traveling out of town this weekend and when passing through one of these small towns (If you've ever traveled ANYWHERE in Texas, you know the kind of town I'm talking about), I heard this commercial on the radio. The first line was, "Are you having a party?" (Now, when you hear that, what might you think this commercial is going to advertise? Maybe a DJ? Maybe a catering service? A party-planning service? Decorations? Something along those lines, right?) Well the commercial goes on and eventually says, "Then you might need a portable restroom." (Wait... WHAT?)

First of all, I don't think I've ever in my life heard an advertisement for a "portable restroom." Second of all, what the hell kind of party are you having when you need a port-a-potty?! I've never heard someone say, "Well, we're gonna have a party, so we better get a port-a-potty." And I've certainly never heard someone go to a party and say, "What kind of party is this? They don't even have a port-a-potty!" (Maybe I'm not going to the right parties, who knows?)

I guess it's not a party unless there's a port-a-potty. (Hey, they should've used that line in the commercial. Maybe there's a career there somewhere?) You learn something new everyday.



"Hey, they've got a port-a-potty! Party over here! Woot, woot!"

No comments:

Post a Comment