Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Oh, What a Night!

Well, I finally know what ol' Stevie was talking about in the song, "Texas Flood."

After being woken up in the middle of the night by a well-meaning neighbor, who was banging on the door and ringing the doorbell frantically, I saw "the flood water keep a rollin'" and it was definitely "about to drive poor me insane."  Thankfully, we were able to keep the water from entering the house, though I do have a garage full of soggy boxes.  (Oh well.  Couldn't have been too important if they were being stored out there and not being utilized.)  And hopefully, it won't rain much today and will, instead, give things a bit of a chance to dry out.  That way, if it does rain again tonight, maybe we won't have to worry about the water coming inside.

I haven't had much sleep, so this should be a fun rest-of-the-afternoon.  Luckily for you, your afternoon doesn't have to be as much of a downer as mine.  Why?  Because I've found a video of Stevie Ray Vaughan doing "Texas Flood" for you.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment