Friday, September 3, 2010

Ancestry Promotion!

This weekend is a three-day weekend, fortunately.  Unfortunately, I will be staying inside glued to my computer.  Why, you ask?  Well, mainly because I have no life.  (No, I'm kidding.  Not really.)  Because, Ancestry.com is running a promotion where they are allowing any and everyone to search all of their immigration records for absolutely no cost, all weekend.

Search Ellis Island records. - I'm dying to find out that at least one of my relatives came through there.  You see, New York is my favorite place in the world.  I've been there a few times and would love to know that somewhere in my family, we got started in America by traveling through Ellis Island.  It's a very cool place.  If you've never been, I definitely recommend it.



Discover your family in naturalization records.


You can even search passenger and crew lists.  You're bound to find something.  And it really is true what their advertisements say, "You don't have to know what you're searching for, you just have to start searching."  I never would have thought I would find as much about my family as I have.  And it's so much fun as well.  For someone who enjoys learning about history anyway, this is doubly as interesting, because it's your own history.


Take advantage of their promotion this weekend.  I know I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment